Our Honey Fair is in Dorking on Saturday 20th October this year.
Doors are open from 10:30am until 4:00pm with FREE admission to the Christian Centre.
Find us behind Barclays Bank and Boots Opticians in the Dorking High St, located in Church Street, Dorking RH4 1DW.
The Beekeeping and Honey Show displays and stalls aim to provide a lively and interesting combination of exhibits, information and products for all the family to learn and enjoy, including…
● Competition Class Honey Show – spectacularly displayed.
● Observation hive – providing the challenge to ‘find the queen’.
● Skep making craft – demonstrations.
● Fully equipped working hive – without the worry of bees!
● Honey extractor – without the sticky honey!
● Swarms – captured on video.
● Posters and displays – provide insights into the life & work of honey bees.
● Honey Tasting – sample some of the honey for sale.
● Mead Tasting – sample some of the variants that can be made.
● Tombola Stand – try your luck for a prize.
● Candle Rolling – make your own beeswax candle to take away.
● Cake decoration – to top off your learning about the honey bee.
● Refreshments – Tea, Coffee, Honey cakes and biscuits on sale all day.
● Sales stalls offering:
♥ Plants for your garden – to help the foragers.
♥ Products of the Hive – inc. Creams, Candles, Condiments & Gifts
♥ ‘Surrey’ honey – in jars and cut comb.
● Beekeepers – happy to talk about beekeeping, education & our facilities.
Curious about honey, honey bees, beekeeping, or becoming a beekeeper?
We look forward to welcoming you during Saturday the 20th October.
Displays and activities will be occupying the foyer, both halls and the cafe area of the Christian Centre, Church Street, Dorking RH4 1DW.
Pedestrian access from Dorking High street between Barclays Bank and Boots Opticians, with numerous Council Pay & Display car parks nearby – all within easy walking distances:
North Street, RH4 1DE – 17 spaces (£0.60 per hour) 2 minutes walk to venue
- St Martins Walk, RH4 1DX – 372 spaces (£0.60 per hour) 3 minutes walk to venue
- West Street RH4 1DG – 37 spaces (£0.60 per hour) 4 minutes walk to venue
- Southside, RH4 1AE – 181 spaces ((£0.60 per hour) 4 minutes walk to venue
- Church Street, RH4 1BT – 31 spaces (£6.00 all day) 4 minutes walk to venue
- Junction Road, RH4 1QL – 35 spaces (£0.60 per hour) 7 minutes walk to venue
- Dene Street RH4 2DP – 24 spaces (£0.60 per hour) 7 minutes walk to venue
- Wathen Road, RH4 1YA – 104 spaces (£0.60 per hour) 8 minutes walk to venue
- South Street RH4 2JX – 32 spaces (£0.60 per hour) 9 minutes walk to venue
- Reigate Road RH4 1SD – 254 spaces (£0.60 per hour) 16 minutes walk to venue
The Honey Show poster below is available to print and either display or distribute as a poster or as flyers to family, friends and colleagues to help spread the word.