Our Honey Fair is in Dorking on Saturday 5th October this year.
Doors are open from 10:00am until 4:00pm with FREE admission to the Dorking United Reformed Church Hall in West Street, Dorking RH4 1BS.
The Beekeeping and Honey Show displays and stalls aim to provide a lively and interesting combination of exhibits, information and products for all the family to learn and enjoy, including…
● Competition Class Honey Show – spectacularly displayed.
● Observation hive – providing the challenge to ‘find the queen’.
● Fully equipped working hive – without the worry of bees!
● Honey extractor – without the sticky honey!
● Swarms – captured on video.
● Displays – provide insights into the life & work of honey bees.
● Honey Tasting – sample some of the honey for sale.
● Mead Tasting – sample some of the variants that can be made.
● Candle Rolling – make your own beeswax candle to take away.
● Face Painting – release your inner honey bee.
● Wax Wraps – ‘the new cling film’ see how they are made and used.
● Refreshments – Tea, Coffee, Honey cakes and biscuits on sale all day.
● Sales stalls offering:.
♥ Products of the Hive – inc. Creams, Candles, Condiments & Gifts
♥ ‘Surrey’ honey – in jars and cut comb from local beekeepers.
● Beekeepers – happy to talk about beekeeping, education & our facilities.
Curious about honey, honey bees, beekeeping, or becoming a beekeeper?
We look forward to welcoming you during Saturday the 5th October.
Displays and activities will be occupying the main hall of the Dorking United Reformed Church, West Street, Dorking RH4 1BS.
Pedestrian access from West Street (A25), half way between Junction Rd (from the Waitrose Car Park) and the High Street/North Street ‘Pump’ corner, with numerous Council Pay & Display car parks nearby – all within easy walking distances:
North Street, RH4 1DE – 17 spaces (£1 per hour) 2 minutes walk to venue
- St Martins Walk, RH4 1DX – 372 spaces (£1 per hour) 4 minutes walk to venue
- West Street RH4 1DG – 37 spaces (£1 per hour) 2 minutes walk to venue
- Southside, RH4 1AE – 181 spaces ((£1 per hour) 3 minutes walk to venue
- Church Street, RH4 1BT – 31 spaces (£1 per hour) 4 minutes walk to venue
- Junction Road, RH4 1QL – 35 spaces (£1 per hour) 3 minutes walk to venue
- Dene Street RH4 2DP – 24 spaces (£1 per hour) 6 minutes walk to venue
- Wathen Road, RH4 1YA – 104 spaces (£1 per hour) 7 minutes walk to venue
- South Street RH4 2JX – 32 spaces (£1 per hour) 4 minutes walk to venue
- Reigate Road RH4 1SD – 254 spaces (£1 per hour) 11 minutes walk to venue