Sorry, due to the Covid-19 pandemic we have been obliged to cancel our planned Taster Day event.
Full refunds or retention of bookings for when we are able to reschedule the event are offered.
Join us for a wonderful beekeeping taster day at our beautiful well-equipped Training Apiary.
Commencing at 9.30am and going through to 4.00pm, this event will be held at our well-equipped Training Apiary near Holmwood, Dorking, Surrey (detailed location of venue will be provided upon enrolment).
Our team of experienced beekeepers will give you a great taste of what is involved in being a beekeeper, taking you through the beekeeping year, costs and equipment needed. There will be various practical demonstrations, honey tasting, mead tasting and you will also get the chance to handle the bees.
We provide protective equipment, you just need to bring some wellies to protect your ankles.
The cost for the day is £75 ( £38.00 for an accompanied 13yr to 17yr child), which includes a buffet lunch, refreshments, a jar of honey from the training apiary and a hive tool as a souvenir of your visit.
To register a place or places on our Beekeepng Taster Day Click Here to open a booking form.
Download an A4 Poster or 2 x A5 Flyers to forward or print to show to friends.
The program for the day will include presentation and demonstration sessions that cover the many different aspects of beekeeping, including:
• Illustrated presentations on:
• Choosing an Apiary Site.
• Stings and First Aid.
• What is a Bee Hive?
• A Beekeeping Year.
• Beekeepers and the Law.
• How Much Does it Cost?
• Benefits of Joining Reigate Beekeepers.
• Practical indoor sessions demonstrating:
• How a Hive Works.
• How Honey is Extracted.
• Looking at the Range of Possible Hive Products.
• Frame Making.
• Practical Apiary sessions, for which:
• Protective bee suits will be provided.
• We request that you bring along your wellies.
• You should wear a long-sleeved top and stout trousers.
• A base ball cap is also useful to bring.
• Allowing hands-on involvement in …
• Getting suited & booted correctly.
• Lighting Smokers … and putting them out.
• Seeing equipment needed for regular manipulations.
• Handling hive frames and boxes.
• Seeing Brood in all stages, capped honey and stores.
• Seeing how various components of a hive work.
• Refreshments available throughout the day.
• Buffet Lunch provided.
• Souvenirs of your day to take away …
• a Jar of Reigate Beekeepers Honey
• a Beekeepers Hive Tool (actual tool may differ from style shown)
• a Selfie of yourself wearing a Bee Keeping Suit.
To register for a place or places at our Beekeeping Taster Day, Click Here to open a booking form.
… here are some more images captured during previous Taster Days.