Commencing at 10.00am and going through to 4.00pm, the event this year will be held at Mickleham Village Hall and our training apiary in Mickleham, near Dorking in Surrey.
Our team of experienced beekeepers will be aiming to provide participants with a great taste of what is involved in being a beekeeper.
- A program for the day will be provided.
- 5 or 6 presentation sessions will cover the many different aspects of beekeeping, including:
- the beekeeping year
- setting up an apiary
- the equipment required
- Theory and demonstration sessions will culminate in a hands-on hive visit, for which:
- protective bee suits will be provided
- we request that you bring along your wellies
- you should wear a long-sleeved top and stout trousers
- Refreshments will be provided during the day
- Please bring your own packed lunch
The attendance fee for the day is £50 per adult, £25 per child under 18 years, payable in advance. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
If you wish to participate in our Beekeeping Taster Day, Click Here to download the enrolment form. You can either print this out and mail it with your cheque, or email all the required details on the form to our Secretary who will then provide you with bank details for an electronic transfer directly to Reigate Beekeepers. Both the postal address and email address are on the form.
If you would like more details or to ask a question about the course first, Click Here to open a general enquiry form.
Would be able to help promote our Taster Day amongst your friends, neighbours and colleagues? A pair of flyers about the event can be downloaded to print and display. Click Here. Thank you