Are you …
Interested (or indeed fascinated) by honeybees?
Keen to do your bit to ‘Help the Bees’?
Unable to devote the time or investment to be an actual Beekeeper?
Able to host one or two (or more!) hives in your own large garden, orchard or field? *
Willing to allow one of our own local Beekeepers to establish an Out-Apiary for his own hives on your land?
Able to provide and permit access by our Beekeeper to his hives on a regular basis?
If so, we would really love to hear from you about the possibility of your being able to provide one of our beekeepers with an ‘Out-Apiary’ site.
Many of our trained Beekeepers are without suitable space or land of their own to accommodate their hives, or they want to expand the number of hives they already manage and have run out of space.
We would be interested in sites across a broad area of South East Surrey, spanning Leatherhead, Dorking, Reigate, Redhill, Capel, South Godstone, Horley for example.
We can provide advice and guidance* about the suitability of sites offered or suggested, inc:
- Proximity to your own house, neighbours, public paths, other apiaries.
- Suitability for local foraging by the bees.
- Optimum location within your land for the hives.
- Access requirements, for our Beekeeper to be able to readily move bulky and often heavy equipment, especially when boxes of honeycomb need to be harvested.
* General advice about the suitability of a site can be found in a BBKA leaflet ‘Choosing an Apiary Site’ that we recommend you open (click here) and read first. This leaflet will further help you to appreciate what is required and involved.
Then, do please contact us using our Out-Apiary Offer form (Click Here)